|Variant||Size||Waist (cm)||Waist (in)||Leg (cm)||Leg (in)||Weight||Cat No|
The 2013 Renegade is the third evolution of our premium adjustable leg harness. It now has an improved racking system designed to work with both summer and winter racks, a narrower belay loop for better compatibility with small belay biners and skinny rear elastics that are light whilst still holding their position well.
This really is the ultimate all rounder; a clever design that works across the full range of climbing disciplines: from cragging and winter climbing to big alpine routes.
Lets take a closer look at some of those smart design features:
For a start, there is the free floating waist belt with fully adjustable, Slide Lock buckles regardless of how many clothes you wear, or whether you are at the top or bottom of the sizing range, you will get a good fit with the gear loops, padding and belay loop all in the correct place.
The waist belt is constructed from high quality closed cell foam combined with a firm spreader plate. This gives excellent comfort and support, while the carefully sculpted shape allows freedom of movement, no matter how gymnastic things get.
And then there is the racking system we believe this should be generous enough to cope with anything up to the biggest of sea cliff racks. And lets face it; with todays super lightweight gear we all carry more wires, cams and quickdraws than we used to. There are seven (Yes, thats seven!) gear loops three on each side and one on the back. These have been re-positioned and re-shaped for 2013 so that your gear is less cluttered and hangs more evenly.
The Hypalon ice clipper attachment points have also been modified so that you can use two of the clipper points without interfering with the standard gear loops. The harness can hold up to four ice clippers more than enough racking space for the longest ice pitches!
Weve fitted the adjustable leg loops with Slide Lock buckles these allow a large range of fit, but are also easy to adjust. This means you will be able to put your harness on after youve donned crampons without the usual awkward, frozen-fingered struggle. Another important design feature is the buckle shape. Weve rounded off the corners and kept the profile low this makes them less likely to snag in constricted situations. The spare webbing tails are also kept neatly out of the way with elastic retainers.
And finally its worth mentioning a few of the micro features which make this such a special harness. We have used Cordura face fabric on the waistbelt and legs, ensuring extra durability. The tie-in points are also protected by an even tougher abrasion resistant webbing and the belay loop, even though it is thinner is still rated at a whopping 25kN.
NB. A female specific version of the Renegade is available the Puma which has a slightly longer rise and a smaller waist to leg size ratio.
- Top of the range fully featured adjustable leg padded harness
- A floating waist pad that gives a perfect fit over an extended size range and allows the gear loops and belay loop to be positioned correctly
- Waist pad carefully shaped to maximise support yet allow freedom of movement
- Comfort and support from high quality foam and an internal load spreading plate
- Fully adjustable with Slide Lock buckles on both waist and legs to give a secure fit with stacks of adjustment potential
- Generous ice screw racking systems: up to four hypalon ice clippers
- Tie-in points all reinforced with tough, abrasion resistant webbing
- Thinner belay loop for better compatibility with small belay krabs
- Narrow twin rear elastics, which can be detached for calls of nature