|Variant||Strength (Gate Closed)||Strength (Gate Open)||Strength (Minor Axis)||Gate Opening||Weight||Cat no|
|Shadow 12cm QD||–||–||–||–||–||A306-12|
|Shadow 18cm QD||–||–||–||–||–||A306-18|
The Shadow is a classic sport climbing biner strong and robust, as well as being light and easy to handle.
We tend to think of it as the sophisticated cousin of the Aero. It is similar in overall shape, but by using I-Beam construction we have been able to reduce the weight while retaining strength.
It has a clean nose closure to reduce snagging when you are clipping or unclipping. There is also a handy thumb grip on the gate for easier operation.
The normal Shadow Quickdraw pairs the Shadow up with the Shadow Bent Gate this is the best option for the majority of single pitch sport routes. However, there is a lightweight alternative designed for multi pitch sport routes, where saving weight is an issue. The Shadow/Spectre 2 Quickdraw has a Shadow at the bolt clipping end of the quickdraw and the lightweight Spectre 2 at the rope clipping end.
New for 2013: We have improved the grip and ergonomics of the biner by adding an updated and improved straight gate to help with full stretch clips. We have also introduced a stylish purple colour scheme to the anodising. The Shadow Quickdraw comes with a neat, injection-moulded keeper at the rope end biner. Aside from protecting the webbing from abrasion, this keeps the biner locked down and correctly aligned, ensuring easy clipping and optimum loading.
- Classic sport climbing straight gate biner
- Strong and lightweight I-Beam construction
- Clean nose profile to reduce snagging
- New improved grip and ergonomics to help with full stretch clips
- Available as the Shadow Quickdraw with vari-width Nylon tape in 12cm, 18cm and 25cm lengths
- Available as the Shadow/Thor Quickdraw with 11mm Dyneema tape in 12cm or 18cm lengths
- Broad base also make the Shadow a versatile racking biner for wires
- Injection-moulded keeper on quickdraw ensuring the biner is easy to clip and correctly aligned, and that the webbing is protected from abrasion