Applying our metalworking experience to a product traditionally made of plastic has enabled us to maximise torsional rigidity and security, and also provide a locking option that minimises the chances of accidental gate opening, keeping your equipment safely in place.
The locking mechanism gives the climber the option to manually select either open or locked, allowing the Vault (patent pending) to behave like a standard racking biner on the dreamy pure ice pitch, but with a twist of the gate you secure your expensive ice screws for the horror show mixed chimney, or for carrying your axes on the descent.
|Variant||Non PPE MBS||Gate Opening||Weight||Max Webbing Size||Cat no|
|Locking Gate||3kN||20mm||79g||45 x 3mm||A552|
|Wire Gate||3kN||23mm||63g||45 x 3mm||A558|
- Safe, strong and secure racking for ice screws and tools
- Available as wire gate or locking gate
- Locking version can be set to either the unlocked or locked position
- Low profile nose minimises hook-ups
- Low profile locking mechanism does not affect clipping
- Compatible with most climbing harnesses featuring ice clipper slots
- Max webbing size: 45 x 3mm
- WLL 0.3kN – Not PPE
- User installable – flat bladed screwdriver required