- Designed for continuous protection when passing intermediate anchor points
- TIE-BACK intermediate tie-back rings on the lanyard allow connection to very large structures. In a rescue situation, these rings are easily accessible for the rescuer, even when the person is suspended on the lanyard after a fall
- Absorbs energy in case of a fall:
– tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
– works with users who weigh between 50 and 130 kg
– progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk:
– compact energy absorber facilitates handling
– elastic arms to avoid hindering progression
- Abrasion resistance:
– durable zippered fabric pouch protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
– lanyard and pouch reduce the risk of cuts and potential severing over edges
- Comes with a captive steel carabiner with TRIACT-LOCK auto-locking system for attachment to the harness, and two MGO large-opening connectors for connection to a metal structure
- Material(s): polyester, high-modulus polyethylene, aluminum
- Certification(s): ANSI Z359.13 12 feet, ANSI Z359.12, CE EN 355, CE EN 354, CE EN 362, EAC
Tests – Standards
- Strangulation risk in a fall on an ABSORBICA Y lanyard.
- ABSORBICA Y lanyards and fall arrest lanyard connector holders on the harness.
- Slinging an anchor with ABSORBICA I and Y lanyards
- Tests of ABSORBICA lanyards in a fall over an edge
- Oblique or vertical anchors and fall distance with ABSORBICA lanyards.
Workers weighing over 100 kg