- Ergonomic molded handle offers multiple grip options. Handle length is adjustable to fit different hand and glove sizes.
- Specific shaft and handle geometry limits the risk of pick shift when switching hands between upper and lower handles
- Fully modular head for adapting the ice axe to the activity and context:
– equipped with MASSELOTTES pick weights, the ERGO ensures precise, effective purchase in the ice
– without the MASSELOTTES pick weights, the ERGO becomes considerably lighter for dry tooling
– equipped with a MARTEAU (optional), the ERGO can be used to place pitons
- Interchangeable DRY pick is tapered at the tip (3 mm) for easy penetration, even in cold ice. The thickness of the pick (4 mm) makes it stronger when slotted and torqued. The hooking teeth, located on the bottom and top (for inverted positions) stabilize the ice axe.
- GRIPTAPE on the upper handle provides better grip and thermal insulation
- Serrated blade under the GRIPREST for better hold coming out of steep sections in hard snow or ice
- Third adjustable handle with TRIGREST hand rest for climbing even higher, when hooking makes it possible, or for switching hands more easily
- Pick type: 2
- Shaft type: 2
- Certification(s): CE, UIAA
- Ice axe sold with DRY pick, MASSELOTTES and GRIPREST