Two important features make the Rock Exotica Screw-lock unique from all others. First, all aluminum parts are anodized. This is particularly important for the screw-sleeve and gate, since without this coating, it is more susceptible to corrosion. This protective surface also gives the sleeve a smoother spin.Second, the gate was designed with an enlarged flange at the top. This prevents the screw-sleeve from moving past the end of the gate, whereas with other designs, the sleeve can wear past the last thread of the gate and slip off. The Screw-lock mechanism is available on the Pirate, rockD and rockO carabiners.
- Features all anodized parts for smooth operation and increased longevity
- Gate design prevents screw-sleeve from detaching from gate.
- Snag-resistant keylock nose design
- Large and ergonomic angled gate opening
- Machined frame ensures tight tolerances and smooth operation