ISC Rope Wrench (SRT)
The preferred strategy to ascend utilizing ISC Rope Wrench in Single Rope Technique (SRT) is utilizing a Rope-Wrench-Set-Up that works along side a tether and commonplace friction hitch.
The arrange requires a pulley, a way of attachment to the physique, a hitch twine, the rope wrench and a carabiner.
This part consists of all the weather it is advisable create your personal bespoke set-up. See our part on Full SRT Set Ups to buy an entire Rope Wrench Set Up.
The rope wrench was an intuitive design by Kevin Bingham, Singing Tree firm in Detroit, Singing Tree
Rope Wrench Spec
- The ZK2 is manufactured from aluminum and is lighter and smaller with a a lot slimmer profile than the unique ZK1 model
- Rounded machined edges and curves make it rope pleasant and climber pleasant
- The mid-line “Slic” pin is now included
- Straightforward to open with an allen key for tether set up
- The underside friction pin encompasses a curler sheave for a smoother ascent and descent. The higher friction pin features a bigger diameter “slic” pin. This offers extra constant friction and is extra rope pleasant
- The stiff tether (sold separately) forces the Rope Wrench to shortly interact or disengage
- Can be used with a gentle tether constructed from accent twine or webbing (not included)
One peace of climbing equipment that has changed the industry, credit to Singing Tree
I had a mark one metal one from Detriot,this was excellent and the ISC one quicker and easier to attached to the rope.