- Designed for high altitude helivac:
– On the metal frame, a large upper hole for rapid attachment of the helicopter winch
– adjustable arm allowing its length to be adjusted for connecting to the belay station
– double lower end allowing the rescuer and victim to be connected
– carabiner fixed to the metal frame to attach a litter
- It allows the drop-off/recovery phases to be secured: if the helicopter needs to suddenly leave its stationary position, the adjustable arm instantly ejects to free the victim, rescuer and the helicopter
- Easy manipulation:
– instant identification of the attachment elements thanks to their color coding
- Very quick and precise length adjustment of the adjustable arm thanks to the ergonomic shape of the ADJUST rope clamp
– facilitated clipping due to connectors held in correct position
- Dynamic rope lanyard to limit the impact transmitted to the user in case of a short fall (1)
- Lanyard developed in partnership with the Peloton de Gendarmerie de Haute Montagne de Chamonix Mont-Blanc (France)
NOTE: Because of the specificity of the LEZARD helivac lanyard, training on how to use the product is obligatory, through Petzl or a certified body.
(1) The LEZARD helivac lanyard does not have an energy absorber. It should thus only be used if the fall factor is less than 1 (used below the anchor point).
The LEZARD was developed by Petzl and based on a patent filed by Jean-Louis Rocourt.
- Weight: 880 g
- Certification(s): CE
- Material(s): aluminum, stainless steel, nylon, elastomer